LogWatch Change Log 4.2
Posted by Donald Wickham on 23 April 2019 12:34 PM
- Fixed abend when DEBUGFLAG TRUE and a % in the log record data.
- Fix for OSS rolling file to not delete Restart record incorrectly
- DataFile KeepOldRestartDays defaults to -1, keep forever
- Cleanup of old RESTART records removed due to problem with rolling files
- ActionEmail corrected for MaxEmailsPerHour so it doesn't send 1 extra
- Corrected version information
- Added Action SNMP
- Fixed Format String %Dx% and %Tx%.
- Fixed day-one problem of an orphaned socket for every email sent.
- Fixed problem where Action Email stops sending emails if no new records when timer pops. Emails were only sent if RecordsPerMsg hit.
- Added SSL option to all Email
- Fixed Format String %N to show correct filename for rolling files.
- Fixed trap if email server returns socket error
- Fixed Action Email WaitForMore. It was resetting and sending email per record
- Added OSSLatestOnly option to Watch
- Fixed "Unknown signal" messages.
- Handle renaming of files between ListFils calls. No longer gets error 10 on restart
- file due to oss name change
- New files found for rolling set will have all their records processed. A restart record is added for the "parent" watchid.
- Logwatch will stop if ListFiles doesn't return a data file.
- Added Watch CheckRenamed.
- A request from LWStatus will no longer turn on debug.
- Added Log KeepDays and MaxJobLines.
- Fixed loss of ListFils output and stopping getting OSS file list.
- Removed OssWorkFilePrefix. LogWatch will use its process name to create a unique filename for ListFils data filename.
- Fixed Format String trap for event with fewer lines than %Ln% would access
- Added Match Summary
- Guardian rolling keeping C file open first time it is seen will now close the file.
- Fixed NoActivity not firing if record for file in Restart
- Changed Configurator to have a "Configure EMS_Info" checkbox to include
- Collector when Watch_Type != EMS
- Corrected ErrorHandling with MonitorTime windows
- Added MonitorTimes to Match
- Added HealthCheck
- Added Watch RecsBreakBusy
- Added IncludeEmphasis, IncludeSubSysId, IncludeSubject, IncludeSenderInfo and IncludeActionNeeded to Watch EMS EMS_Info
- Corrected default value for RollFilePrefix to ""
- Added LWDebug to toggle LogWatch debugging
- Added Syslog format to Action TCPIP.
- Fixed Match Ignore for events
- Added LogWatch Limited license
- Corrected "error column" number in Format String log entry
- Fixed log entry from restart cleanup if last update timestamp is zero
- Configuration files can have nested #include files.
- Stop if unknown signal encountered
- Fixed Rolling file if no files found no more checks are done
- Changed Match Ignore to do the actions for that Match.
- Added UseGenTime, UseNameValue and IncludeLogTime to Watch EMS
- Fixed match occurring on blank line. Blank lines are now skipped.
- Added Action Email flood control. Maximum of 10 messages per minute. Changed MaxEmailsPerHour default to 10.
- Added error handlers for Low activity, High Activity and Outpacing
- Fixed ActionIPM to close the process even if error or null reply.
- Improved handling of LogWatch watched oss file that is reset, emptied.
- Fixed failure to send oss_polling_time signal for new file.
- Added %Ew% to Format String - Unique event number. Added "%L'xx'% to Format String - Search from current event input line forward to find 'xx' in a line and use that line as input line. Added %L+n%, %L-n% and %X% to Format String. Fixed debug output of Format String and corrected some errors. Added %Cn.'xxx'.'x'% and %An.'xxx'.'x'%. New time format, U, posix time.
- Action Start now has Assign for the datafile to be passed to started program.
- Fixed Action TCPIP so it doesn't drop a record on a reconnect.
- Fixed Action EMS to write up to 2048 bytes.
- Fixed day-one-bug with XML attribute of " ".
- Allow rolling file pattern to be a specific file instead of a pattern.
- Fixed Action Start without a Format String to write data to DataFile.
- Fixed MaxEmailsPerHour for Action Email when WaitForMore is included.
- Fixed Format String Binary flag handling where LogWatch abended with no error message
- Fixed Watch EMS to stop if it encounters an error.
- Added MaxLinesPerEmail to EmailServerInfo. Prevents large emails that can blow stack.
- Fixed day-one-problem sending large emails where lines start with dot or unprintable character.
- Fixed numerous problems with Watch OSS and Guardian Rolling
- Added LWStatus to query LogWatch running status.
- Fixed trap when Echoconfig=True and configuring error handler monitor times.
- Added “clip” of records written to structured files if record > file’s rec len.
- Fixed Watch OSS (and Watch OSSRolling) to process records when not in scan mode.
- Fixed buffer overrun, causing trap, in ProcessEventRecord.
- Added IncludeSenderId to Watch EMSInfo.
- Allow Watch_Type EMS to have Match IsEvent=”Yes”.
- Fixed GuardianRolling to get correct RecLen for each file it opens.
- Fixed EventsPerMsg in Action Email to write more than just the last event.
- Changed Action Email Recip to allow multiple recipients.
- Fixed several problems with LogWatchConfigurator.
- Added Q and R input dates for FormatString.
- Fixed multiple Action Writes using same ReportFile that rolls.
- Corrected TicFTP saving license key on 1st
- Corrected detection of LISTFILS successful completion.
- Corrected scan mode not sending waiting email.
- Fixed a memory leak affecting all Watch types.
- Added DataFile to Action Start to allow TACL macros access to the record/event.
- Fixed Action Start CmdLIne to be up to 255 bytes.
- Added MaxEmailsPerHour to Action Email to reduce email flooding
- Moved EventInfo and IsEvent, from Watches to Matches. Note that existing configuration files with either of these will need to be updated.
- Added Match PatternFile, Match ProcessMatches, Action FormatUserExit, Action Start